Thursday, June 28, 2007

Petrine Privilege


Two more days until our voice and accent training ends. The past two days had been great, we were doing nothing. We just come to work to chit-chat and the good thing is that we get paid for it hehehe. I really love training you just sit there and you get paid every two weeks. So while sharing stories with my wavemates today someone asked me about my ex-girlfriend and how long was our relationship. I told her that we were together for five years, then all of a sudden she asked why did'nt you guys get married? I was stunned for two seconds thinking of what to say. Then i asked myself why? Honestly I really dont know. We had plans before but i guess it was not that serious. I'm more in favor of "living-in" concept, its more practical i guess. Right now if your going to ask me im quite doubtful about marriage. It's not that i dont believe in it, It's just that if i'm getting married i really want to make sure that it will last. It costs a lot of money here in the philippines to get an annulment and divorce is non-existent. That's why im pro-divorce/annulment (rolleyes). I remember my religion professor way back in college saying that marriage is just paper, It's just a legal way of using someone's body. Maybe he has a point. come to think of it, if the mariage was not consumated. It's a ground for a divorce. So technically if you did not have sexual intercourse with your spouse you can file for a divorce.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: